Colombia's recent measures and initiatives on sustainability reporting
General overview of sustainability reporting in Colombia:
- Sustainability reporting in Colombia has ‘taken off’:
- Strong commitment from the Government
– Multiple ministries and agencies increasingly working to encourage reporting.
- Posi:ve tendencies of sustainability reporting at the business level
- Important emphasis on the extrac1ve industries sector, but increasingly so in other sectors.
- Reporting requirements are somewhat dispersed throughout national legislation. At present, most mandatory disclosure is referred to financial information (and specific environmental topics). However, different pieces of information are being increasingly disclosed through many individual and collective Reporting initiatives.